Sihui Lee. 29 January. Banker.
Sunday, December 31, 2017 @ 4:27:00 PM


It’s the last day of 2017 - a year that we achieved many life milestones :D

I read thru my 2016 post. 2017 is not as eventful as the previous but the few things that happened were huge and permanent hahaha

First quarter of 2017, we were busy renovating our new home. Shopping for big and small items every weekends. Just like how we prepared wedding. Finally, we officially moved in on 25 March 2017. We started to appreciate our parents’ homes, whereby we could just enjoy dinner and rest well. But now, we’ve to worry abt dinner options, houseworks and BILLSSS.

Second quarter of 2017, we went for our long-waited 16-day roadtrip in New Zealand! Ups and downs during the trip, especially missing flight for the first time! I was feeling unwell most of the time during the trip. I was greatly disappointed w my body for being weak. Missing home pretty much which I hardly would. Little did we know, I WAS ACTUALLY PREGNANT BEFORE THE TRIP! Week 8-9 to be exact. We found out after visiting a GP when we’re back in sg.. I know ppl would say how could you not know?! Well, we didn’t plan for it and I was so preoccupied with moving hse. So can you imagine feeling unwell and wanting to puke most of the time during a long holiday :( Our family planning was to start in April and give birth in 2018. Well, 可遇不可求 :) I was v guilty whenever I recalled the things that I shouldn’t do, like gg to hot spring; staying in a non-heated campervan when the nights were below 4 degrees. Glad that everything was fine.

Third quarter of 2017, still have to work as usual. I was pushing myself pretty hard actually. I didn’t find pregnancy as an excuse to be privileged. So I still continue to do things as per normal. Entering vault and carrying heavy things, moving around to do authrosiations, running in and out of backroom.  I only took overall 2-3 days MC due to pregnancy related.. We’re also the most chilliest parents ever. I took my first ultrasound scanning in week 12, as well as seeing gynae for the first time. We’ve referral from polyclinic to KKH, so I was a subsidized patient. EDD was 6/12/17, but we didn’t buy any baby stuff till 7th mth onwards. Attended Jia’s wedding in June :) I was Min’s bridesmaid in Sep. Oh ya, to prepare for dearest Anthon arrival, we bought a car! A second-hand one. It did give me great relief when it comes to gg to work and back home. Well, packed train during peak hours is no joke and esp you’ve a big tummy. Pls don’t assume you’ll sure get a seat when you’re pregnant; ppl simply don’t care alright.

Last quarter of 2017, regulars were asking why am I still working / at least 8-10 people would wish me a  smooth delivery / most of the time, ppl guessed correctly that I’m having a boy. Kinda tiring to answer the same questions everyday but they’re all sweet blessings :) H was away for 2 weeks in Sydney for his driving course. I was back at my mom’s hse. Enjoying great food, love and care. I was telling Anthon everyday to wait for papa to come back, that’s week 37 already. Finally, I’ve made up my mind one week before EDD to give birth on our anniversary date 3/12. In other words, I’ve to induce. Heard abit about induction and natural birth, but you nv know what would be your own case. Giving birth is definitely the scariest/amazing thing to do in my entire 27 years of living. It’s still surreal to me that I’ve a son now! Although I’m caring for him daily, it still feel unreal that the baby in your arm is truly your own blood and flesh hahaha. 感谢天感谢地 Anthon is a healthy baby despite having some dramas during birth. Still in my confinement period till 2018, but I went out several times already hehe, eg Xiner’s wedding :)

Parenthood is forever now. Social media reminds me daily on what I’ve missed out outside, but I don’t feel upset honestly. It’s more like you’ve acknowledged that your life roles has changed.

In 2018, I need to learn how to be a working mother (omggg). I hope we can travel somewhere or anywhere (pls). I hope I can wear back all my old clothes. I hope there’s progression in my career. I hope Anthon will be growing well and healthy. I hope H will continue to be promising at work hahaha

Although 2017 is like rushing thru our life chapters, but actually I’m pretty on track w my life goals hahaha. Grateful for what I’ve and thankful for all the helps everyone has given me directly/indirectly.

MAY 2018 BE A WONDERFUL AWESOME YEAR FOR EVERYONE!!!