Monday, October 08, 2012 @ 5:31:00 PM
Three weeks ago, we went to Jcube for ice-skating to celebrate H's bday. It's so not fun now compared to our sec sch times. It's much more exp also. I guess we're older now and afraid to fall and break our bones and affect our work/studies etc hahah. I dont think we're getting back any soon (or any more). It's kinda tiring to keep going in circles for 2 hours and some pro were really irritating. I rather spend the money on good food or other sports ;)
Two weeks ago, we went to USS :D To be honest, all I wanna meet is Elmo. My sis got us really really cheap tickets. Very low price yet not limited to peak or non-peak day whatsoever. It came with food and retail vouchers as well. Sometimes I do think my sis's network is really powerful hahaha.
| 2010 USS Opening |
In 2010 when it just opened, we did visit USS for its opening. Yes, simply visit, no rides. That time was about sightseeing and plenty of picture-takings with the characters. This time was all about rides, not even bothered to queue to take pictures. Kinda disappointed with HK Disneyland last year, so I hope USS rides are better. And indeed they're more suitable for adults like us. Disneyland is more for kids I think.
We caught the Sesame Street stage performance :) I've seen their performance at PS and so on but I think this one was nicer. No idea why hahah probably because it's at USS. Everything is more real. Missed the front row, if not I would have touch all of them. They're pretty interactive hahah
| Waterworld. Niceeeee :) |
As for the rides, the Mummy indoor rides and Transformer 3D rides were the best. The red and blue roller-coasters were so-so only. But the waiting moment was pretty scary and exciting when you heard all the screams and warnings. But after the rides it's like, " ok done, what's next?" The blue one seem to be scarier with your legs hanging in the air but in fact the red one is scarier if you leave your legs off the platform.
Really like the Transformer 3D ride. Not that I like 3D stuff but I think the creator(s) did a great job to put all the images and movements so well together. Thumb-ups for them and technology :)
The most entertainment part was at Waterworld where they put up live show. The place was divided into 3 areas, soaked, splashed, dry. And those who sat at the soaked area were really wet! Because 5-10min before the start of the show, some crew were out pouring,shooting,splashing water at them. They attacked mostly the kids who think they're very daring. Really entertaining to see ppl sabotaged :x Not to mention, they include gangnam style too. Very interactive and updated.
| Waiting for Parade |
Food prices were more like RM pricing than S$ pricing. We went to JB often so the food prices at USS look ridiculously high as if we're shopping at JB but no we are still in Singapore or part of Singapore. It costs 3 times as much as food at Vivo?! But good day at USS, we'll come back next time :)
Last week, we went to IKEA. H needed to get sth for his attachment work. We dined for the first time at IKEA restaurant (haha) and shopped at Anchorpoint and Queenway shopping center. We bought quite a no. of things that we dont intend to buy. And not to mention, being overcharged for some items .v. so rem to check your receipts!
This week will be about rushing assignments! 2 due next week! But cant wait for it to be over and also exams :D
Have a good week ahead!